ss_blog_claim=cc6fc443f70523e32a00ef88d4f1ac95

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I did bleep test again

Looking at my previous bleep test result back in november last year, my performance drop 0.1 level today. They cannnot be compared directly as i need to consider too many factors.


Firstly, i trained by jogging around JBC several times before the real bleep test the first time. But today, it was totally a surprised test for me!


Next door housemates and i woke up early just to play futsal. This was the first time i played futsal here in glasgow.


Only 8 of us turned up this morning, and 1 hour was definitely enough for us to enjoy the game. The final score was 7 - 5, with edmond being the top scorer.





After the game, i saw the notice on bleep test. Before we left the sport center, I went to register my name at the reception only to find out that the bleep test will be commenced at 12noon, which menas i have only 45 mins left.

To go or Not-to-go?

In the end, i chose to go for it, since they only have it once every 3months.


What is bleep test?
How does it works?


It is a fitness test, which is used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete's VO2 max (maximum oxygen uptake). It is also known as mutistages fitness test, beep test or pacer test.


It was stated on wikipedia and accepted worldwide that :

The minimum level required for Royal Air Force Officers is 9.2, Army officers at selection is 10.2, and Royal Marine Officers at least 11.0.

And as far as i know, in Malaysia, many sport players (including Taekwondo, Badminton, Football) playing for the national team require a bleep test fitness level of at least 10.0 for Male player and 8.0 for Female player.


This is how it looks like, i recorded it at level 11.0



All getting ready to start the test...




I paired with an athlete from strathclyde uni. He is Pat, a cross country runner.




I reached level 10.5 today. Out of my surprise, it was just 0.1 level lower than my previous test. If i knew earlier, i would have push myself to higher level today. ISHHH!!!!



Im dead tired. Officially G.G.

No comments: